Why did the monkey fall out of the tree? Because it was dead. I will confess: it is stupid, and doesn*t make much sense, but whenever I hear that old joke, it makes me laugh; sometimes really hard. And laughter these days is a valued commodity. I certainly agree that we have much to be concerned over during these turbulent, uncertain times; but in spite of all the heralded doom and gloom, people need to reclaim their joy. I wonder, do you laugh very often?
I don*t think I laugh as much as I used to. Perhaps this post-Covid world has sapped some silliness out of me; or maybe things aren*t as funny as they used to be; or it*s possible that I am just getting older*who knows. But one thing is certain, I do feel better when I laugh; I am sure the same goes for you. So, if you have found yourself *laughless* lately, here are a few reasons why you should include a chuckle or two in your life.
1. It is Free: A good laugh among friends is the cheapest form of entertainment in the world.
2. It Provides Escape: Troubles abound, so when we get a chance to laugh we should do it. There will be plenty of opportunities to cry.
3. It Brings Joy: A happy person enjoys a good laugh. Try it. Go ahead, just laugh.
4. It is Infectious: Negativity is the breeding ground for misery, but joy is contagious.
5. It is Healthy: It is scientifically-proven: when we smile we produce more serotonin in the brain which is an antidepressant.
6. It is Biblical: “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine” (Proverbs 17:22).