PROMISES FOR THE NEW YEAR
This year why not make some promises rather than resolutions for the New Year?
- Promise to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- Promise to make all your friends feel that there is something special about them.
- Promise to look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- Promise to think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to make the best come true.
- Promise to be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- Promise to forget the mistakes of the past and press on to greater achievements in the future.
- Promise to wear a cheerful expression at all times and to give every person you meet a smile.
- Promise to give so much effort to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- Promise to be too big for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble in your like.
HOW TO LIVE THE NEW YEAR:
- Life is a journey; I will live it trustingly: (Psalm 23:4)
- Life is a task; I will live it obediently: ( 1 John 3:22)
- Life is a mission; I will live it helpfully: (Ephesians 4:32)
- Life is contest; I will live it earnestly: (1 Corinthians 16:13)
- Life is a battle; I will live it courageously: (Joshua 1:9)
SOME CHRISTIAN RESOLUTIONS FOR THE NEW YEAR:
- I will like PAUL, forget those things which are behind and press forward.
- I will like DAVID, lift up my eyes to the fills from which my help comes.
- I will like ABRAHAM, trust my God implicitly.
- I will like ENOCH, walk in daily fellowship with my heavenly Father.
- I will like MOSES, suffer rather then enjoy the pleasure of sin for a time.
- I will like JOB, be patient and faithful in all circumstances.
- I will like JOSEPH, turn my back on all evil advances.
- I will like GIDEON, advance even when my friends are few.
- I will like ANDREW, strive to lead my brother to Christ.